Standard Oven Cleaning
Ovens are one of those jobs that most of us would rather just not do. Why not use that time to do something else and let us clean it for you.
At Sussex Oven Cleaning your oven will be cleaned by a trained operative using only non- toxic, non-caustic and environmentally friendly products in your home. All your shelves, racks and trays will be placed into a sealed tank in our van were they are soaked whilst we carry on with the rest of the cleaning process. Your oven then undertakes a thorough clean inside and out removing that horrible grease and carbon build up.
By the time we have finished we aim to leave your oven in showroom condition! We also carry spare light bulbs if you should require us to replace yours whilst we are there. If you feel you would like to make a booking or simply have some questions to ask please do not hesitate to contact us and we will help as best we can.
Once we have finished cleaning your oven it’s important to keep it tip top order till you next clean. Here are our 5 top tips for keeping your oven clean and in good working order.
- Take measures to make it as easy as possible to keep your oven clean. You can buy a heavy duty oven liner from one of our operatives to keep the base of your oven clean. I usually clean my liner once a week in the dishwasher.
- Invest in some good quality oven trays, it’s easy to buy cheap trays but they are usually more difficult to keep clean and once dirty end up being thrown away. If you buy some enamel or stainless steel trays you’ll find they will clean up nicely in your dishwasher and when we come to clean your oven we can pop them in our dip tank and they will come out like new.
- If your grill element is in the oven that you use all the time and you rarely use it, be prepared that when you turn it on it will most likely smoke due to all the dirt burning off. To prevent this turn your grill on every now and then to keep it clean. If it continues to smoke it’s probably time to phone us.
- Often oven gaskets (seals) may perish with age or in some cases break which allows heat to escape from your oven, prevents food from cooking correctly and is inefficient. If you give us a ring with your model number we’ll order and fit another one for you.
- If your roasting, try using a roasting bag. We have found them very good ourselves and help to keep your oven cleaner that little bit longer. Slice the bag open towards the end for crispy skin.